WISER academic meetings
We hold regular academic meetings, discussing research and education topics. These are a chance to come and present research proposals or findings, hear what others are doing and develop local collaborations.
Our next meeting is at 7.30pm, Wednesday 19th May. The topic is "Innovation in Surgical Education"
Rheumatic heart disease
· Role of inflammation in RV dysfunction in patients with RHD.
· Understanding attitudes towards warfarin and blood testing amongst Maori and South Pacific Islanders
· A systematic review of interventions that improve right ventricular function in rheumatic heart disease patients undergoing valve replacement
• Impact of preop endothelial dysfunction and coagulation dysfunction on extent/severity of aortic dissection
• Risk factors for post dissection false lumen expansion: Role of blood pressure management
• Identifying patients at risk of future aortic events: moving beyond aortic diameters
• Quality of Life after Type A Aortic Dissection Repair
• Outcomes in pts with preop atrial fibrillation: Predictors of Poor Outcome. A retrospective study.